THIS WEEKEND Dignam Gallery Art Show: Open to the Public
- Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival May 2-30. (click for Invitation)
Open Weekends in May 12-4pm
THIS WEEKEND Ruth Upjohn Gallery Art Show: Open to the Public
- WAAC artists Gretchen Jeens, janet f potter, Deniz Seker with PAPER, CLOTH… (click for poster)
May 1-30 Public Exhibition Open Weekends in May 12-4pm
DOORS OPEN TORONTO Open to the Public May 27 & 28
Doors Open Toronto at the Women’s Art (click for invitation) 10am to 5pm
- Members’ OUTDOOR Art Show and Sale on the Deck and Sunken Garden
- GIGANTIC BOOk SALE
- Open Studios and Art & History Talks
- Dignam Gallery CONTACT Member Artist Photography Show
- Ruth Upjohn Gallery Paper, Cloth…Group Member Show
Wednesday, May 24, 2017: Catered Luncheon and Lecture
12:30 pm $30 includes a catered luncheon, dessert, coffee, tea and the lecture.
Lecture: The Beatles: Still in Style Deirdre Kelly, formerly The Globe and Mail’s award-winning dance critic and Style reporter, is presently working on a new book about The Beatles following the successful publications of her memoir, Paris Times Eight, and dance tell-all, Ballerina: Sex, Scandal and Suffering Behind the Symbol of Perfection. Her talk will explore how the Fabs continue to fascinate, more than a half century on.
Annual Garden Party Wednesday, June 21 $65. Taking reservations now.
WAAC Member Artists are also showing…..
- Marjorie Moeser Traces of Memory (click for invitation) at the David Kaye Gallery June 1-25
Meet the Artist June 3rd, 2-4pm
- Janet f. Potter shows at Latitude 44 Gallery
- Stella Walker on YouTube in A Shoe and a Boot and Under the B-Busted Read a Review by Toronto journalist Laura Boost.
Other Great Events at the Women’s Art in June
- June 3, 6-10pm Sinfonia Toronto’s SUMMER PARTY (click for invitation)
- Pops Concert by Sinfonia Toronto musicians “The Music of the Plants”
- Posh Picnic, Silent Auction, Games and more $75 per person / $65 for WAAC members
- June 12, 6-8pm Toronto Symphony Volunteer Committee presents Robert Harris (click for invitation)
- Entertainment by TSO musicians
- Wine & Cheese Reception $45 per person, students $20
Card-Making Workshops for Members and Friends
- Tuesdays, 11am-2pm
WAAC Yoga – public inquiries welcome
- WAAC Yoga Mondays 4-5pm with Karen McKinnon.
Call or text Karen 647-218-9642 to register. Members and Guests.
Members of the Public are welcome to inquire.
Classes are $15 each or $12 each when booked monthly
Current Call for Artists’ Submissions
- WAAC Artists for Let There Be Pink: June 1 – July 4
Submissions due May 26th. Opening Reception June 15, 5:30-8pm
- The Salt Spring National Art Prize call for artist submissions opens January 12, 2017 and closes May 31, 2017
More News and Events:
- Curry’s offers 10% discount to WAAC members – pick up your membership card in the office
- DeSerres offers 10% discount to WAAC members – pick up your membership card in the office
- Studio Six Winter Flyer
- The Artists Network: A membership-based organization dedicated to supporting visual artists in their business practice
- East End Arts: An online resource listing current opportunities for Artists in Toronto
- Korean Artist Society of Canada recently celebrated their 25th anniversary with a special exhibition & anthology
- Mackay Art Centre is now booking 2017 Exhibition and Studio Rental on Main Street, Unionville
- Neighbourhood Arts Network: Dedicated to celebrating and supporting community-engaged artists and organizations
- Toronto Watercolour Society: Dedicated to promoting the interests of watercolour artists in Toronto